About me

Friday, November 13, 2009

Coming events cast their shadows before them

Here's the pot. You might remember it. I dearly love my iron pot.



I should have oiled it after I washed it last week.

Now we add the dried field peas.



Add a little salt, not that I really should add more sodium to my diet.

What's the point in bland food?



And some hot water.




And a big dash of olive oil. Now, we have less discussion with the physician.


Put the lid on the pot.



Remember, this was all camping equipment not all that long ago.

Now set the pot off to the side so the peas can rehydrate.



We'll cook the peas tomorrow morning, and eat them with fresh onion dipped in apple cider vinegar.

You know you want some.

BTW, we're using name brand field peas. Why? FoodLion was out of its brand last week.



Come a'runnin'!


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: