About me

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

C'mon guys, it's the Internet

Google Buys Ads To Explain Offensive Michelle Obama Image HuffPost - http://bit.ly/7VGbvl

That an offensive pic of Michele Obama is available on the net should surprise no one. Frankly, there are likely the few out there who do not take offense.

This is a sadness in our world.

When did I first learn this lesson? Oh yes! Some twenty years ago. We had AOL dialup.

Lil sat in my lap. She was looking for materials for a paper about bunnies. We typed "bunnies" into a search engine. I don't recall which one.

You know what happened.

I directed her to the sites that had bunnies, proper, with lop ears. Doing my job, you know.

I would prefer that Google not restrict sites and information unless the site is known to distribute malicious code. I can control the rest, just as I did.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: