About me

Monday, October 26, 2009

Once on a plane, forever in a landfill

I just finished my 700 ml of filtered water with minerals added to improve the taste. I'm about 30 minutes short, and this could spell certain doom and despair.




Aside from the obvious contribution to the waste stream, there's supporting Nestle that disturbs me. However, that was the only water available where I was at the time.

There wasn't even a water fountain, and the spiquots in the bathrooms are not suitable for filling a bottle. This makes bringing my own empty bottle a problem.

Being the good boy I am, I crumple the empty bottle before tossing it into the plane trash. By the time we're on the ground, it'll be even smaller because of the change in air pressure.

Someone should give me a cookie.



-- Posted from a mobile device

No comments: