About me

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The house phone

Most hotels have house phones to call other rooms and hotel offices. The house phone here is iconic. Perhaps that's why the food costs so much.

A few years back, I was working in DC. It had been a long week, and I checked into the Dupont Circle Hilton for an early bedtime.

At midnight, I awoke to the sound of the door closing behind me. I had been sleep walking, and now I was in the hall wearing a pink t-shirt, and nothing else.

Finally, I woke up enough to remember the house phone. As I dialed the zero, the elevators behind me rattled, and I teleported back to my door where I hid behind the t-shirt.

I never saw the people.

Back to the phone. Call placed. Help coming. Back to my door.

In time, an ancient a Asian man, arrived and opened my door. He bravely fought his giggles.

I feel back into bed. He surely had to be hospitalized after the torrents of laughter slowed.

I suppose the scene as caught on a security cam is on YouTube somewhere.



-- Posted from a mobile device

No comments: