About me

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Demonstrated genius

This is the second time I've had the opportunity to watch this genius at work.

What he does is listen to a group's conversation, usually facillitated by a colleague, and capture important landmarks in a form that provides the group with a very accurate verbal and pictorial representation of what was said.

He is dynamically placing words and thoughts with the intervening motion among the pieces in a two-dimensional display that leaves the group with a single anchor for use with the next activity.




The upshot is that a thirty minute group conversation is caputured in a single image, promoting the on-going consensus building necessary for the work at hand.



As with most skilled people, he is a simple pleasure to watch work, and I'm left wondering what school teaches this. I suspect the answer is none. What we're seeing is a fortuitous assembly of skill and talent that has been recognized and honed.

Regardless, he's doing it well, and I find myself a bit jealous of the talent.


Posted from a mobile device

No comments: