About me

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cuticular crisis

Usually, it's the nails that see the devastation on roadtrips, what with having to grab for bags and all.

On this trip, I didn't check a bag because I was only in New Mexico some 16 hours, which is about as long as I flew, now that I think about it.

That puts me using hotel moisturizer, which is sure doom and despair. In this case, it was some citrus smelling brand that you're not likely to ever find for sale anywhere.

Poor pinky might never recover.



And here's a sadly matched pair. I'll need a chain saw to take that burr down.

There's also the matter of the collected dirt. I swear those claws were immaculate when I left for the airport.




Poor thumb will need a belt sander to ever be smooth again.




The sad and oh-so-wrong thing is that nail emergencies are not covered by workman's comp. You just gotta wonder about the person who decided that.




Perhaps I should stand outside the manicurist's shop and take up a collection.

-- Posted from a mobile device

No comments: