About me

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Breakfast managed

I was third for the buffet. It was about like all the other breaky buffets if the world, though with a little less fruit selection.

What makes hashbrowns is often the most noticiable change I encounter. Here the potatos were cubicle and hard. Nothing very exciting. The onions and peppers were similar, which is something I still don't get.

The sausage links were the size of hotdogs. They did not taste like a hotdog, but I kept looking for a bun.

The bacon was about right, but no shells were broken to make the eggs. I did notice later that the smaller breakfast links were beside the stack of western omelettes. I took neither.

The grits were not. Think a huge pot of instant. Very bland. Unsalted. The Promise butter substitute was not sufficient in any quantity.

The OJ was good and pulpy. The coffee was adequate.

I left with a fresh $21 charge on my room. And a wrinkled copy of USA Today.

Well, and a tum needing some quiet time.



-- Posted from a mobile device

2 comments:

The Crow said...

You were having breakfast less than an hour south of where I am typing this note. Small world.

Those "hashbrowns" sound like they're potatoes O'Brien, which would explain the peppers and onion. And the cubes of potato.

Wish I knew Baltimore well enough to tell you where you could find good grub for less.

:)

Jim Penny said...

We didn't starve, and dinner was excellent. Can't now remember where that dinner was. Oh wait, Luna del Sea. Odd Spanglish, that is.