About me

Monday, August 17, 2009

Reflections

Josh says he's all packed and ready to go. I suspect he might even sleep in the car tonight just to not be late. They have a nine hour drive waiting for them.

I left a day early. First, I'm not sufficiently mature to spend that much time in a minivan with the maternal unit. Second, I wanted a little more time to process this milestone without the maternal unit telling me how I should be feeling.

So here I am in Augusta where I spent the afternoon broiling by a pool, thinking, and keeping a steady stream of cold beer going. It's been fruitful. In particular, I recalled in detail working on the farm that last day in 1971 before going to Chapel Hill to matriculate.

Josh is right there. He is so ready to be in school, just as Lil was two years ago. Funny how it works out that way.

I am really looking forward to this next season.




-- Posted from a mobile device

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm enjoying the posts with pics. Wish I was pool side, too.