About me

Thursday, August 27, 2009

My China Initiative

If you read much of the business news, you know that China is often seen as the up and coming place to be. Companies head over there with a pipe dream and dusional dreams of getting rich quick. About the only ones to prosper are the airlines, hotels, and translator.

What is generally missed is the strain the Initiative places on the sponsoring organization and it's people.

My China Initiative took another turn. Someone left a slip of paper tucked in my driver's side door window. I used the lucky numbers on it for my PowerBall ticket.

I just checked the numbers. Only one hit. Not enough for a payoff. But a nice pipe dream, and substantially cheaper on this enterprise than the more usual China Initiative.

However, my real question here is just who put that fortune cookie slip on my car. I might never know.


-- Posted from a mobile device

No comments: